Pininyahang Manok or Pineapple Chicken is a Filipino dish. This recipe is creamy with tangy taste perfect with hot steamy rice.
Here’s the ingredients;
- Red bell pepper
- Fish sauce
- Pineapple chunks and juice (Can good)
By the way you can also make this in normal size 🙂
Here’s my youtube video:
To God Be All The Glory!!!
What is shawarma?
Shawarma is originated in Middle east, it is cooked with stacked meats- like beef, lamb, turkey, and chicken it is marinated in different spices that gives strong aroma and mouthwatering snack.
I’ve been craving for shawarma but I don’t want to eat oily food, that’s why I’ve tried to make Chicken shawarma for my lunch. but since I don’t have vertical burner, I fry it on cast iron and surprisingly this healthy version is delicious as beef shawarma.
Since I already have ingredients I’ve decided to make miniature version.
The preparation is the same with normal size of shawarma but I can not give the exact amount of ingredients.
- 3 miniature chicken breast (I took the last part of the chicken breast because it is easy to make it look mini)
- Olive oil (I use this oil because it has an antioxidant property)
- Brown sugar.
- Spices: paprika, cayenne, cinnamon, cumin, salt, pepper, garlic powder
- Whole wheat pita; I use 2 inch (diameter) round cutter to make it miniature.
- Cherry tomato
Watch the full video of making miniature healthy Chicken Shawarma.
Some of you wondering why I do make these weird stuff. I love making miniature edible food because it makes me relax. It was a dream come true, when I was a child I dreamed of having a functional toy kitchen where I could cook real food. Doing this weird thing it’s like a time machine it brings me back to the past.